HARYANA AGRO INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED
The Haryana Agro Industries Corporation Limited is a Public Sector Undertakings, which was set up with the primary objective of providing service to the farmers in the State of Haryana. It was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 in the year 1967. It has an authorized share capital of Rs.1000.00 lacs against which its paid up capital is Rs.414.04 lacs. The Central Government Share is Rs.160.21 lacs and the State Government Share is Rs.253.83 lacs.
(1) To undertake, assist, aid, finance and promote agro-industries, such as Pollutry, Dairy, Land Development and Seed related activities and other agro based industries and manufacture agriculture implements, agricultural machinery and other materials and equipments required for these industries in Haryana and in India and to sell the products of these industries.
(2) To promote or conduct any agricultural, commercial, or industrial enterprise, establishment, company or concern.
(3) To acquire, purchase, give or sell implements, machinery, equipment, appliances, tools etc., either on hire-purchase system or on payment by instalments as may be on interest to the company.
(1) TRADING ACTIVITIES:- The Corporation has been engaged in trading activities such as sale of seed, fertilizers, pesticides, tractors and other agricultural machinery like diesel engines, electric motors, mono-block pump sets, tyres/tubes, batteries and spray pumps etc. at economical prices to the farming community besides ensuring their genuineness. The Corporation has a network of 17 Farmers Service Centres and about 12 Sale Centres scattered throughout the State of Haryana at Ambala, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Y.Nagar, Karnal, Sonepat, rohtak, Hissar, Jind, Kaithal, Gurgaon, Palwal, Narnaul, Sirsa, Fatehabad, Rewari and Bhiwani. The Corporation has also a network of over 150 dealers in the district/block levels. The main trading activities of the Corporation are as under:
(a) Fertilizer: The Corporation is engaged in the business of fertilizer like DAP, UREA, SSP, CAN, NPK etc. The entire sale of fertilizer is effected from our Farmer Service Centres, Sale Centres and through the dealers netwrok.
(b) Tractors: The corporation provides tractors of all makes to the farmers of Haryana at reasonable rates.
(c) Sprinkler Irrigation System: The Corporation is supplying irrigation sprinkler sets to the farmers at 40% to 60% cheaper rates. A subsidy of Rs.7000/- or 5% whichever is less, is available through Land Development Banks if purchase of sets is financed through bank loans. In case of women, SC&St farmers, a subsidy of 75% or Rs.10,000 whichever is less is given, if purchase is through bank loans.
(d) Bee Keeping: The Corporation is recognized as State Designated Agency by the Development of Agriculture and Co-operation, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India for development of Bee Keeping for improving crop productivity. Under this scheme, Corporation imparts training to bee-keepers, farmers, unemployed youth and SC/ST aspirants free of cost and provide free boarding & lodging during training. The trained bee-keepers are supplied bee colonies and bee hives of good quality on 50% subsidy by the Corporation through its registered bee breeders. The Corporation also bears the migration cost of bee colonies.
2). THE CORPORATION HAS 3 MANUFACTURING PLANTS IN HARYANA AS DETAILED BELOW:
(a) FERTILIZERS & CHEMICALS PLANT, SHAHABAD
This plant was set up in 1975 for granulating NPK grade fertilizers and manufacturing a wide range of weedicides, pesticides and insecticides under the brand name of 'HARAGRO'.
(b) CATTLE FEED PLANT, JIND
This plant was set up in the year 1975 for the production of cattle feed and other allied products with a capacity of 30,000 MT per annum.
(c) AGRO ENGINEERING WORKS, NILOKEHRI
This plant was also set up in the year 1975 for the manufacture of most modern agricultural implements, tractor trolleys, water tankers, bus bodies and threshers.
The corporation was approved as a procurement agency for wheat by the State Government in the year 1988. Initially the corporation was allowed 8% share in the wheat procurement of the state which was increased to 10% in 1989 but subsequently reduced to 9% in 1993. In case of paddy, the corporation has a share of 9%. The Corporation is also approved as a procurement agency for paddy by State Govt. with a share of 9%.
The Corporation has purchased 8 acres of land at Barwala and constructed plinth of 30,000 MT for our own use.
The Corporation has constructed godown of a capacity of 55000 MT for storage of good grains at Shahabad (25000 MT), Pipli (15000MT), Jind (10,000 MT) and Murthal (5000 MT). These godowns are rented out to FCI under 7 years guarantee scheme. Besides this capacity the corporation has also constructed godowns of 6300MT (5000 MT at Shahabad and 1300 MT at Pipli) under State Plan.
6) PETROL PUMPS:- IOC has renovated our petrol pump at Gurgaon under lease hire scheme. The building is complete, latest machinery is being installed. The Corporation has also made a proposal to Ministry of Petroleum, Govt. of India, for setting up of 6Nos. HSD/MS retail outlets at Distt. Sonepat, Kurukshetra, Ambala, Karnal, Kaithal and Palwal. Proposals for setting up four more retail outlets at Distt. Barwala, Hissar, Pipli and Yamuna Nagar has been approved by the Board.
7) PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES The Haryana Agro Industries Corporation Limited has been designated as the Nodal Agency by the State Govt. for promotion of food processing and agro-based industries in Haryana. Under this, the Corporation is setting up projects under the assisted/joint sector schemes. The Corporation provides equity participation upto 15% of the equity share capital in assisted sector and under joint sector scheme, the Corporation provides upto 26% of the equity share capital. Till date the Corporation promoted 18 Agro based and food processing projects in the State of Haryana for manufacturing Barley Malt, Vegetable oils and Ghee, Milk and Dairy products, Pet foods, Vegetables/fruit product, egg powders and allied products and for growing flowers, mushrooms etc. The total capital out-lay of these projects is Rs.207.38 crores. The Corporation has already released equity worth Rs.6.43 crores in the above mentioned ventures.
The Corporation intends to set up four projects for the processing of turmeric, ginger, red chilly and grading & packing of kinnos in the Food Park to be set up by the State Govt. at Saha Distt. Ambala, Dabawali Distt. Sirsa, Kundli Distt. Sonepat and Narwana Distt. Jind.
8) HAIC R & D Centre
The Haryana Agro Industries Corporation Limited has also set up a HAIC R&D Centre for research and development activities in the State of Haryana. The centre has already set up a project at Murthal for spawn lab and production of mushroom. The centre intends to set up more units in the state of Haryana.
(Value in Rs.lacs)
|A) Farmer's Service Centre|
|B) Manufacturing Plants|
(Pesticides, wedicides & Fertiliser etc.)